IFS Mission Statement
IFS Standards are developed for and through all involved parties in the supply chain, which would like to use uniform standards to ensure safety and quality of food and non-food products and related services.
IFS Standards help to comply with all legal food and non-food safety and quality requirements and give common and transparent standards to all concerned suppliers and service providers as well as a concrete and strong answer to the high safety and quality expectations of customers.
IFS Standards are the common internationally accepted audit standards to ensure that IFS-certified companies can deliver products or services which are in line with the defined specifications of their customers, in order to improve continuously (non) food product safety and quality for the consumers.
To achieve this goal
1. Partnerships of international experts
2. Selection of the IFS auditors
3. Official accreditation of the IFS certification bodies
4. An internationally accepted IFS management responsible for the international development and
presence of IFS
5. An IFS Board responsible for the control of the fulfillments of the defined goals
6. An IFS International Technical Committee for the development of the IFS content and the IFS
examination process for auditors
7. Excellence (high level experts, high level standards)
8. Transparency (between partners and users)
9. Efficiency (financial aspects, timesaving)
10. Global (working with different languages)
11. Useful and of concrete advantages for the users
12. Comparable results of the suppliers
13. Better as the competitors in order to achieve a strong position in the market
1. Efficient and secure process for choosing the right supplier(s), especially for private label products as well as choosing the right service provider(s).
2. Secure (non) food safety and quality assessment of the supplier(s) and the production process
3. Safe retailer, wholesaler, industry or food services branded products
4. Liability coverage
For more information see: www.ifs-certification.com